I’ve been thinking about using some new ways of providing training on digital engagement stuff to those working in public services – in tandem with the traditional approach that we are taking in our workshop tomorrow.
Webinars are something I’m looking into, and I’ve written about my experiences of running them previously. What I am looking at doing is something a little more structured over a period of time.
So, how about a twelve week course on digital engagement? One webinar per week on a chosen topic, with a private discussion space so everyone can talk to each other about the topic afterwards.
Here’s a draft list of weekly topics:
- Introduction to digital engagement
- Designing your strategy
- Designing a policy
- Operational engagement plans
- Managing risk
- Developing a Facebook page
- Effective organisational use of Twitter
- Blogging for organisations
- Crowdsourcing and online open innovation
- Social media for events
- Social media in a crisis
- Community building and sustainable engagement
Would this be something you or people in your organisation would be interested in?
Also… would you (or your organisation!) be willing to pay for it? How much?