I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- eGov AU: If you are a communications professional who chooses not to use social media, will you have a job in ten years? – "If you don't use social media, how can you critically assess its comparative worth as a communications tool? How can you help your employer avoid and rebound from embarrassing social media mistakes?"
- Open Government Ideas Look All the Same: Are You Surprised? – Potential problems with Gov agencies asking the public for ideas at the same time: "Wow, twelve different agencies – including the GSA that offered the IdeaScale tool to other agencies – have the exact same most popular idea, which – as you would expect – has been submitted by the same person."
- NESTA – Mass Localism – "…an approach by which central and local government can encourage widespread, high quality local responses to big challenges."
- Nodalities » Blog Archive » Linked Data Visualisation Launched at Prime Minister’s Conference – "This is only a start, but already this project has demonstrated that publishing data as Linked Data in a queryable store can stimulate innovation beyond the ubiquitous demo mashup towards real full-blown applications that can deliver commercial benefit."
- The future of Australian banking – BankerVision – "Clever institutions – including one in the UK – are already starting to get the fact that the best strategic option is to integrate their stuff into things customers really care about, not be the centre of the universe themselves. If nothing else, it removes them from the falseness of their traditional approaches to customers."
- Giraffe Forum » People are not always the problem – "The end objective of technology should be to extend the capabilities of people, not to replace them. Sure, as technology drives efficiency some people will lose out, but that should not be an objective in and of itself. The objective should be to become more efficient and deliver a better service to the customer."
- Rewired Culture – 27th March « Lost ConsCIOusness – Looks like a cracking day – good mix of hackday and unconference
- Federal Agency Ideascale Dashboard – "To satisfy the Open Government Directive agencies are soliciting your ideas on how to make them more transparent, participatory, collaborative and innovative."
- The Myth of the Techno-Utopia – WSJ.com – "It's fashionable to hold up the Internet as the road to democracy and liberty in countries like Iran, but it can also be a very effective tool for quashing freedom."
- Building Democracy: Evaluation Report – Evaluation of the MoJ Building Democracy innovation competition.
- Making a podcast – some notes and observations – Roo Reynolds – Wonderful guide to recording, editing and publishing a podcast.
You can find all my bookmarks on Delicious.
You can also see all the videos I think are worth watching at my video scrapbook.