I’m doing some work at the minute putting together the agenda for Tuesday’s socia media shindig in Coventry for members of the IDeA Social Media and Online Collaboration Community of Practice (…and breathe). It can be tricky keeping an eye on what it is that you want to achieve at these events, so I have put together a little template that helps me plan what we are going to do, why we’re doing it, how we are going do it, and what we all hope to get out of it.
Feel free to download and use/hack the template as you see fit via the link below:
|Workshop Planner Template|
Here’s a quick run through of what I mean for each column in the template:
- Time – pretty obviously, the time each slot on the agenda starts
- Agenda Item – the name of each session
- Objective – what it is that the session is trying to achieve
- Task - what are we asking people to do exactly?
- Format – talk, listen, discuss etc
- Preparation – what needs to be done by whom to ensure the slot will work well
- Output – what are we all going to get out of this?
It’s not rocket science, but it’s amazing how helpful it is just to have stuff written down!