I’ve got a few speaking engagements coming up, as well as other events that look like fun…
1. Developing Public Sector Communications through Social Media, 15th September, London
This is an LGC event, spending the whole day talking about how local authorities can be using social media.
My spot is part of a panel session alongside luminaries Dominic Campbell and Carl Haggerty. I’m talking blogs and podcasts.
2. Knowledge Hub Advisory Group, 17th September, London
The IDeA’s Knowledge Hub is a game-changing project – an attempt to provide local government with some of the focus that central gov has through the Power of Information process. The Advisory Group will act as a sounding board for the project, which should be fun.
3. Learning Pool Summer Party, 23rd September, London
The annual Learning Pool summer bash will be my first, and I’m looking forward to it! If you fancy coming along, the details and the ticket thing is here. Just stick in the comments that you saw the event on here, and all will be well, I’m sure.
4. ProjectCamp, 26th September, Cheltenham
5. LocalGovCamp Lincoln, 23rd October
6. Policing 2.0 – the Citizen and Social Media, 22 October, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry
The NPIA’s Nick Keane has invited me to this event, to give an introductory overview to what this social media thing is, and why it might matter to the police. It should be fun, also speaking will be Sarah Drummond from MyPolice.